Stakeholder Update 2 - Proposed Mumbida Wind Farm Feasibility Study
The Mumbida Wind Farm is a project being pursued by Verve Energy exploring the feasibility of installing up to 42 wind turbines, approximately 40 km south east of Geraldton. The wind farm will produce up to 90 MW of electricity. This update is made available to people, groups and organisations with an interest in the project. It informs stakeholders about the feasibility study progress and encourages feedback on the proposed project.Feasibility progress
Since the first update released in December 2008, Verve Energy has:
- Had numerous discussions with the landowners involved in the project.
- Submitted a Planning Application to the City of Geraldton-Greenough.
- Had discussions with potential wind turbine manufacturers and main construction contractors.
- Installed a new 80m wind monitoring mast in April 2009. The additional wind resource data collected by the monitoring instruments will be used for estimating how much energy the wind farm will produce.
- Working with Western Power on network modelling to predict changes to the electrical network associated with connecting the wind farm.